Fish Camp 2015 ~ A Freshman's First Tradition
Fish Camp 2015 Session Confirmation
Howdy, and welcome to the Aggie family and the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Class of 2019! You are now officially registered to attend Fish Camp 2015, a Freshman’s First Tradition at Texas A&M University!
You should have received the below Session Confirmation Information to your TAMU email account. If you did not receive this information please call the Fish Camp Office at 979-845-1627.
Also your Session Information should be on fishcamponline.tamu.edu, once you log in with your NetID and Password.
Please read the following information carefully as well as referencing our Freshman Information Packet on http://fishcamponline.tamu.edu.
Listed below, you will find information regarding Arrival, Departure, Parking, Transportation, a Packing List, and other pertinent information that is helpful to review prior to attending camp. Alternatively, you may contact the Fish Camp office at 979-845-1627 or the Director of Internal Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-in will take place on the first day of your assigned session between 8:00 AM CDT and 9:30 AM CDT. It will be located on Texas A&M's campus at the Reed Arena parking lot. Check-in will be followed by a welcome program in Reed Arena and any of your accompanying guests are welcome to stay for the welcome program, but they must park in Visitor Parking in the West Campus Garage (WCG). Hourly rates apply, more information can be found here.
If you miss the bus on the morning of your send off, there IS NOT another way to get to camp. Please email email@example.com or call (979) 845-1627 if you miss the buses.
Directions to Check-In at Reed Arena
Carpooling to College Station
A private ridesharing network within Texas A&M University. Zimride offers a safe way to connect with others in your area that are travelling to your session of Fish Camp. If you would like to utilize this service, please visit the TAMU Zimride and follow the outlined steps to post/join a ride within the Texas A&M Zimride network. Log in with your NetID and password to complete the process. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Zimride directly at 1-855-ZIMRIDE (946-7433).
Zimride is a fun and easy way to share the seats in your car or catch a ride. With Zimride, you can find TAMU friends, classmates, and coworkers going the same way you are.
Carpooling within College Station
For Carpooling and rides within College Station you can use a Texas A&M recognized service uRide. It is a 24/7 app-ordered ride service designed for students. Email Help@uRide.net to set up transportation for Fish Camp, and visit their website at marooncab.com to learn more. There are also several local taxi companies who can provide both in-town and out-of-town service.
Shuttles from Houston Airports to College Station
There is a shuttle service from the two Airports in Houston (Bush International IAH and Hobby Airport) to College Station Easterwood Airport. These shuttles run daily and cost $30 for a one way trip. This fee will be separate from any and all Fish Camp fees. More information about this service can be found at groundshuttle.com.
Option 1: Annual Permit
Register online for a 2015-16 annual parking permit. These permits will be mailed beginning July 17, 2015. If the permit does not arrive prior to the date you need to park on campus, sign in to My Account to attain and print your 2015-16 parking permit receipt (available July 20, 2015). Display your parking permit receipt page in the dashboard of your vehicle while parking in the lot designated for the session you are attending (see tables for Fish Camp here)
Option 2: Temporary Permit
If you do not wish to purchase a 2015-16 annual parking permit, a $5.00 temporary Fish Camp parking permit may be purchased online at My Account. Print and then display the permit receipt in the dashboard of your vehicle while parking in the lot designated for the session you are attending (see tables for Fish Camp here).
Vehicles parked in tow-away or restricted areas are subject to ticketing and/or towing by university parking officials. Please remember to LOCK YOUR CAR. Campus security will be patrolling, however, Fish Camp will not be responsible for theft or loss.
More information can be found on the Transportation website, transport.tamu.edu.
Please limit your luggage to:
- Two (2) small or medium bags OR
- One (1) large bag
On the morning of Check-In, Fish Camp Staff & Counselors will be in the luggage loading and check-in area to direct and assist you. Please note that once you have checked in, your luggage will be loaded and transported separately. You are permitted another small bag (purse, drawstring bag, backpack, etc.) for the bus, if you require anything between check-in and arriving at the campsite such as your wallet, phone, medication, etc.
If your luggage is misplaced AT camp, please locate a Fish Camp staff member who will assist in locating it. If luggage is misplaced AFTER camp, please contact the Fish Camp office at 979-845-1627 or the Director of Internal Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to assist you in locating it.
If you lose any items at camp you will be able to pick them up in Koldus 146 on August 31st or September 1st between 10AM -2PM. If you cannot pick up lost items on these days please email email@example.com.
Lunch will be provided in transit to the campsite after departure from Reed Arena at 10:30 AM CDT. The cost of lunch has been included in your registration fee. If you have any dietary accommodations these should have already been filled out in the registration process.
If you have already informed Fish Camp of a special accommodation, we will be contacting you at a later date to verify our records and make any additional accommodations while at camp. If you have any accommodations that are new and Fish Camp is unaware of them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The buses will return to campus between 4:30 PM CDT and 5:00 PM CDT on the last day of the session. We encourage anyone who will be picking up a student to plan to arrive no later than 5:00 PM. Please make arrangements in advance if you need to be picked up.
- All students must travel to and from Fish Camp on Texas A&M buses and must attend their Fish Camp session in its entirety. We cannot provide additional transportation to and from camp. We do not advise this, but in the case of an emergency, a student may have their emergency contact come pick them up at Lakeview.
- For the safety of all campers, students who arrive at camp with a contagious illness will be asked to leave Fish Camp and find transportation home at their own cost. A refund will not be given in such a situation.
Accommodations for the night before and/or after your assigned session will be your personal responsibility. We recommend that all freshmen who are driving themselves to and from College Station make accommodations for the night after camp, as they will likely be very tired from their four days at camp and may need rest prior to safely driving long distances. A list of lodging in the College Station area can be found at: http://visitaggieland.com/.
Additionally, The Department of Residence Life will be putting on an Aggie Hostel Program. The Aggie Hostel Program will only be available until August 12th. This is a program for Texas A&M Students only. This will be available for:
- All students attending session A-D for both before and after camp
- All students to stay at before camp only for session E. Those students attending Session E must be moved out before leaving for camp.
This Program is separate from Fish Camp fees and you must register to stay in the Aggie Hostel program at reslife.tamu.edu
WHAT TO BRING:
- One form of photo identification (TAMU ID or Driver’s License)
- Cool and comfortable clothes and shoes (It is recommended that you bring clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, as there are optional free time activities such as Ultimate Frisbee, swimming, and volleyball).
- Closed toed shoes (required for scheduled outdoor activities)
- Sheets, pillow, blanket, and/or sleeping bag (all beds are twin-size beds)
- Toiletries and a towel
- A reusable Water bottle (a water bottle will be provided for lunch as well as a reusable water bottle will be given in the afternoon of Day 1)
- Insect repellant
- Clothes for 12th Man Flashback Pajama Party and Hullabaloo and Red, White & Blue (if desired, these mixers include A&M attire, western wear, flashback attire, pajamas, or American Themed Attire)
- Shower Shoes (if desired)
- Small quantity of cash for snacks and drinks (if desired)Trash bag (for repacking dirty clothes)
Please note that all Texas A&M University rules and policies apply upon arrival and Fish Camp check in. Fish Camp rules and policies also apply and are listed in the behavior agreement you signed during registration. If any of these rules and policies are violated, you may undergo disciplinary action from Fish Camp and/or Texas A&M University, as well as removal from Lakeview grounds.
Lakeview Methodist Conference Center is a no drug, alcohol, tobacco, and no firearms facility (including concealed handguns). Failure to abide by these rules will result in removal from Lakeview grounds at your own expense and possible consequences through Texas A&M’s student conduct process.
EARLY MOVE IN OPTIONS (as provided by the Department of Residence Life)
• Freshmen attending Session G can check in when they return for Fish Camp on Friday, August 21st. Students MUST apply to move in early. The link to request this can be found here: http://reslife.tamu.edu/onlineServices/apply. *Due to construction of our brand new apartments, White Creek Apartments, students who apply for early move for this property will be notified in late July if they can move in early
• All students who plan to check in early will need to submit an Early Move-In Request on the Residence Life Website and indicate it is for Fish Camp Session G.
• On August 21st, when you return from Fish Camp, you will need to check in at your respective hall/apartment to pick up your key between 5-7 pm. If it is after 7 pm, please go to your designated hall/apartment for check in and follow the instructions to contact the on-duty Resident Advisor. Please make sure you bring your TAMU ID card (or photo ID card) when you check in.
• Students who check in early will be billed $40/per night for a total early move-in charge of $80. Students who sign up for early move in service will be automatically billed for this in mid-September, after they have checked in (unless they cancel their early move in request).
• Parents will not be given student’s room keys
• Please note: Residence Life will charge students for early move-in. This is NOT a Fish Camp fee. It will be billed directly to their student account.
For emergencies, please call the Fish Camp Office at (979) 845-1627 or Student Activities at (979) 845-1133. You may also email email@example.com
For EXTREME EMERGENCY use only, there is a phone line established at Lakeview in order for information to be relayed to freshmen. This number is 903-538-2957 and is directly linked to on-site Fish Camp Headquarters. Please only use this phone number in extreme circumstances!
Again, welcome to the Aggie family. Our staff has been eagerly awaiting your arrival for months now, so we are beyond excited to see you in August!
Thanks & Gig ‘em,
Fish Camp Director Staff 2015
Attached Below is the Freshmen Information Packet for Fish Camp 2015
Proudly Sponsored By:
How much does Fish Camp cost?
Fish Camp costs $225. This price will cover the cost of your bus ride, lodging at Lakeview, meals for four days and a Fish Camp t-shirt and water bottle. The cost also includes an exclusive Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2019 12th Man towel.
Financial assistance is available at the time of registration for those who have a financial need. An Installment Plan and Scholarship opportunities are provided in part by individual donations, The 12th Man foundation, the Gina and Bill Flores '76 Scholarship Endowment, the Michael '08 and Kristen '05 Nance Scholarship Endowment, the Fish Camp Scholarship Endowment, and Aggie Mom's Clubs.
Fish Camp Friends and Family,
Want a great way to learn about the history and origin of the great Aggie traditions? The newly published book, "Thank You For Texas A&M", provides a collection of photos and fun facts about the customs and traditions that are such a big part of the Aggie experience. Not only is it a great way to learn about these traditions but it makes an excellent gift to say "Thank You" to those that made your Aggie experience possible.
Click on the link below and use the promo code “Fish Camp” to receive a 20% discount! Each time the promo code is used, a portion of the proceeds go toward freshman scholarships to Fish Camp!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2015 Freshmen Information Packet.pdf||968.33 KB|